Wednesday, August 1, 2007

What a week!












Last week was the best. I anticipated it all month long and when my whole family was finally here, it seemed to go by so fast. We spent the weekend of the 21st and 22nd with some close friends from Indiana, Devon, Brenda, Gina and Heidi. We had a lot of fun visiting and talking about the good old times.

On Monday the 23rd it was my birthday...the big 30!! Most of my family went on a hike down in Provo while I stayed home and caught up on house work. Yikes...to make the day a little better I gave myself a birthday party. It was a lot of fun. My whole family was there, Kevan's brother and sister and their families were there and some close friends. We had a bbq and visited. I got to blow out a cake with 30 candles on it too!!

Tuesday we just hung around.

Wednesday, we went to This is the place park...it was a lot of fun...then that night we got our family pictures taken. Wow...23 people, it was crazy but very fun.

Thursday evening Lindsey (my older sis) and her husband Zak received their endowments in the SL Temple...What a great experience. I loved being in the temple with my mom and dad...I felt so lucky to be their daughter and to be born into my family. I love my sister so much and was so glad that I could be there that night.








Friday, bright and early, we got up and went to the temple again to see L & Z get sealed with their 3 cute kids. It was so awesome...I can't think of the right words to explain it...It was one the best experiences that I have had in a really long time. What a wonderful thing to be apart of.

I am sad that the time went by so fast.

It was so much fun to be around all of my brothers and sisters. It is funny how we are all "adults" now (even though we totally don't act like it). But we really enjoy just being around each other...we all get a long so well.

There are 8 kids in my family 5 girls and 3 boys. I am the second oldest. The first 6 of us are really close in age, then there is a 6 year gap, then 2 more. Here are some random pictures of us.







This is Kathryn and I, what a beautiful young lady!








This is my handsome Andrew. He is the oldest boy in our family. Andrew is very smart and funny and always has a story to tell. I love this bean!!!






This is my cute Ezra. He just finished his freshman year at BYU Idaho. He is very charming and funny. I love being around him!
Did I mention that everyone in my family is good looking? Here are Mary, Lindsey and Daisy

The only one that I don't have a picture of is Devon...but I will find one. I love everyone in my family...I had such a wonderful week with them...I will miss them, and all of the laughs and good times!!!

3 comments:

Gina said...

I love how Lindsey and Mary totally look like sisters! Just the way they move is so similar!

I am so happy you had a blast with everyone. I felt so grateful to have a little time with all of you. You are one special family and I feel previlaged to know each of you!

I am glad you had a great 3-0! That would have been cool to blow out that many candles. I hope your wish comes true!

Missy said...

Hmmm, very nice Jessica. I love the pic of you and your dad!

Very sweet family, Missy

Daisy said...

Yeah, that top picture of all of us, my eyes are totally closed but I forgive you for using it as everyone else looks really nice.

I have so many cute pictures that I want to send you.