Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Back in June

I was looking on the KB family website that we have and came across this letter that posted in mid June...enjoy...(but don't think that I'm totally crazy)

Get this people...I really don't know why I put myself in positions that I do. I needed to get the AC fixed in our van Thursday and figured that I could handle all of the kids at the shop while they were checking out the car. Shaa right!! When we first got there, the kids were pretty good. They were sitting in the chairs and talking quietly, every once in a while they would get up and go look at the displayed tires in the store (very excititng). Then good turned to worse... I'm going to play the shoulda, coulda, woulda game.

Emerald has been potty training herself and been doing a great job at it. When I got her out of the car she didn't have a diaper on only underwear I should've put a diaper on her but I figured that she would be okay. Anyway, we were chillin in the store and all of the sudden she lifted up her dress and pulled down her underwear and said "Mamma I poop... MAMMA I POOPIE" Yikes!! I glanced over at her, I was helping Belle put the sunglasses back that she was trying on, and noticed that there were 2 little poop piles on the floor in the shop. That's right I said poop. Poop on the floor. I totally could've lost it but instead I just laughed, while all of the workers and people there stared in disapproval! Tristyn was in the middle of the store cause I was helping Belle, but I had to leave him there as I picked up Emerald by her side. She was flashing everyone with her poopie bottom, I raced her to the bathroom and sat her down on the toilet because she said that she had more. I was in there with her for 2 or 3 minutes, but had to leave her cause I had to go clean up the poop. So I went out into the store...Tristyn was still in the same place. Yzabelle was still trying on sunglasses and Navek was going his best to keep an eye on the both of them. I picked up the piles of poop and threw them away while huffing and puffing to keep myself from totally loosing it. We spent a little more time in the bathroom finished up there and came out. I was so embarrassed!!! I called my neighbor to come and pick me up but for the rest of the time my kids were pulling things off of the shelves and asking for treats. AARRUUGHHH. I will NEVER do that again...never, never!! I love my kids and this will go down in the books as a funny, but embarrassing moment in history!!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I laughed so hard reading your blog! That's a very funny poop story. It's almost a right-of-passage as a mother to have a good poop story. Oh, and thanks for what you said on my blog. You care so much.

Daisy said...

I love that story. Emerald is always priceless.

Jeni said...

Although I can fully understand your embarrassment, the ones who really SHOULD have been embarrassed were the people around you -other customers -who couldn't come and see that you maybe needed just a tad of help with the other kids while you took care of the issues at hand.
People who react like that either never had children of their own, or if they did, must have had nannies or someone else to take care of situations just like yours. Shame on them for not aiding and abetting you -so to speak - in that hour of need. But it really was a very funny story all the same. Been in your shoes with three kids of my own (ok, not exactly the same as you had in this post but...)and now, I'm helping to raise my daughter's two little ones and she and her husband and kids all live with me. It does get better, honey. Not soon enough but eventually!