Saturday, June 23, 2007

My Navek

Navek is now 6 years old...wow!! He will just be finishing kindergarten this week and has had an amazing year. He is learning how to read and is very good at it. It is fun to see him sounding out words and reading books and stuff. It's like a whole new world is being introduced to him, and he is so excited about it.
His teacher has mentioned to me that he is probably one of the most creative kids in her class...This kid so creative it blows me away. The things that he draw and the pictures that he colors are just so beyond anything that I have ever seen a 6 year old do. Of course I have nothing to compare him too, so I can think that he is the best!! He likes to draw treasure maps, pictures of our family, animals, cars, our house and things like that. He has always been very good at coloring things they way that they should be colored. e.g. water is blue and the grass is green... horses are brown and strawberries are red. He notices details like that. Along with that, I should mention that he is an amazing builder too (just like his dad!!) he can build the coolest things. I bought him a set of DUPLO blocks and he has a hay day building towns, cities, farms, spaceships, watercraft, churches and so forth. It's fun to watch him build!
Navek is also a great helper to me. By this time last year he was emptying the dishwasher, vacuuming the stairs, and washing the bathroom all by himself. He did an okay job on the bathroom too for being so young. He is very motivated by money too (that's how I get him to do chores). He thinks that money is like to coolest thing ever. He saves it for no reason really, but to see it grow. He counts his money a lot and like to keep it in his wallet. What a silly boy.
Navek is a great athlete too. He played soccer this year and was the best one on his team. (I'm not just saying that..he really was) He was the fastest by far, and scored the most goals. I loved watching him play.
He is into this stage right now where he asks soooo many questions. Questions that I have no idea what the answer is. Like: "Mom why is the sky blue?" Now I know that there is a scientific answer to that, but heck if I know what it is. He asks questions like "Why is there a red car coming down the street?" "Why is ice cream so good?" "Why do bees make honey?" Sometimes I don't mind trying to come up with some good "Mom" answer but please...I don't know what color Jesus's hair is.
He is a good big brother to is little sisters. He loves them very much and I have no doubt that he will be a great friend to them as they grow. He is very patient with Yzabelle and helps a lot with his little brother too.

Navek loves me a lot too. He likes to snuggle with me and have me scratch his back. I hope that lasts into his teenage years!! Oh man, how I love my little boy!!!

3 comments:

Daisy said...

What a great big brother he is becoming!! He sounds like such a big helper too. You definately should really encourage his reading too. If he is a creative boy then reading will help that to grow even more.

Gina said...

I am so glad that he is such a joy to you and your family! What a smarty pants! And so mature to be counting his money, reading, building, etc!

Mickey Family said...

woohoo!!! Jessica's blog! It looks great! You can check out mine too...

http://heathermickey.typepad.com

I love reading blogs, so I'll check back often!