Sunday, September 7, 2008

Very busy

Life is so crazy! I started my new job last Monday and my first week was so wonderful. I think I'm really going to like it there. I am going to try and get my "pre-need" funeral license this weekend then study like a mad woman to get my life insurance license this month!

Navek had his first soccer game on Saturday. He did really, really good-as usual-! He ONLY scored 3 goals and the final score of the game was 3-0, not that I was keeping track or anything:) I need him to do more running though. I think for a 7 year old he gets tired too fast.

Yzabelle had her first game on Saturday too. There is an AYSO special needs team. I was a little hesitant to sign her up-i know how she is with these kinds of things! I told her about her game all weekend. We finally made the drive to the school. The whole time over there she kept saying "Mom, I get tweet and pre-sun?" which in Yzabelle language means "I get treat and capri-sun?" The MOST important part of playing soccer of course!! She seemed really excited! I got out and ran over and got her uniform and came back to the car and got her dressed...she giggled the whole time! Then she sat down and kinda threw a fit... New things are really hard for her. I was patient with her and eventually she got up and we held hands over to the field. She was really shy at first. As long as I was holding her hand she would play. So we ran up and down the field and she kicked the ball as best she could. It was really cute! I was so proud of her. The kids practiced for a little bit then they played a game. There were a bunch of kids there with different disabilities. But for me, it was quite the spiritual experience. These kids are so wonderful and have so much to offer the world. How great it is to have organizations like this that give these "special needs" kids the opportunity to develop and increase their self-esteem! I am so proud of Belle.

Emerald cracks me up as usual. She is so eager to start school. She catches on to a lot of what the kids are learning. I realized the other day how much I appreciate her "mothering" skills. It was one morning that I didn't have to work til later and I was in the kitchen doing some exciting dishes. Emerald and Tristyn were the only kids home. Emerald was directing Tristyn how and what to play...he totally went along with it! She is so patient and kind with him. She does the same for Belle too.

Tristyn can say a couple of words: waa woo (water), juice..with his lips stuck out! by (bite)
I figure he is a little slow when it comes to talking...who needs to talk when you have 3 other people to talk for you:D!

P.S to all of you "Twilight" fans out there. I finished the first 3 books and and half way done with "Breaking Dawn", they are so much fun to read, I almost don't want it to come to an end!! Go Team Jacob =)!! Well I actually can't decide!!

1 comment:

Daisy said...

What a fun story about Belle. I would have loved to see her play! And YAY for Navek, what a good player he is. Glad you are liking your job too. I hope you get to finish the book soon though!!