Friday, August 22, 2008

A new job!

I am so happy to report that I am starting a new job in a week!! It is at Meyers Funeral Home. Yes, a funeral home!! I will be embalming the dead bodies!! I'm totally kidding!! I am going to start out in the office as a secretary/receptionist while studying to get my life insurance license. When I have accomplished that, I will start selling pre-paid funeral plans. The guy that I interviewed with said that they have a really good natural marked right there in the office. I am so excited about this opportunity. It is going to be a step in the right direction of where I want to be.

I am half-way through "New Moon" and it is so intense!! I will probably finish it this weekend! Does anyone out there have "Eclipse?" I'm going to be hanin' on the edge I'm sure!!

Navek wanted to join the Lincoln Choir at school. How cute is that!? They are going to be having practices 2x a week until December. I was trying to explain to him that this is a commitment and that he will really have to stick with it. We talked about it for a while, and I think that he thinks that this is something that he can do...we will see!

2 comments:

Daisy said...

I hope someone lends you Eclipse!! I would if I was out there of course. I'm excited for you and your new job too.

Hope Navek enjoys choir, thats awesome!!

Linda Horsley said...

Jessica,
That is so cool about your job. I think it would be vry peaceful to work at a mortuary. I am starting to read that series next week. We will have to compare notes. I might know where to get the book. If I do I will call you. you are a doll.
Linda