Monday, July 2, 2007

Emerald



I feel like I have written a lot about Navek lately and need to talk about another one of my adorable children. My little Emerald is now 2 years and 3 months, and how the time has flown by. It seems like she grew up so fast. She was such a good baby. I enjoy her now that she is more a toddler. She is the most extreme in some areas...more than my other kids. She is by far the strongest. She has always had this amazing grip...what I mean by that is she can hold on so tight to things. The other day we were at the park and she was on the glider thing that was up in the air and she was pulling herself up as if she were doing a chin up!! Wow. She can also run super duper fast, her legs just go, go, go! I remember when she was younger I would be chasing her and I would go toward her and she would totally dodge me, like she were a football player or something. Maybe she will win medals in track when she grows up.

I also think that at this age, she is my funniest kid. She does the silliest things! She was playing dolls a couple of weeks ago and she would take one and start to nurse (like mommy) then she would put it up on her shoulder and burp her, then for some strange reason she would start to spank (she would say "pank, pank")the doll. Why would she act so loving then start to spank! I hope that she didn't learn that from me! Another thing...I walked into the living room the other day and she was totally changing Tristyn's diaper...she all had his legs up and was wiping his bum, as if she were the real mother. She in very animated when she talks. She likes shouting out directions to people, go figure that the 3rd one would be the most bossy. I love her sweet, funny personality!
She is very independent. If she needs or wants something she will just get it herself. I walked into the kitchen the other day and she was cutting herself some cheese...because SHE wanted some. Lucky for her she didn't cut herself. She watched me a lot as a child and she just naturally just knows how to do things!
She is starting to get a cute imagination when she plays with her toys. I just love it. I sneak up on her and listen to conversations that she has with her toys...what a crack up!

She is such a good sister to Yzabelle. She helps her and talks with her and, for the most part, gets a long with her pretty good.

She has the blondest hair!! It is really fine though, and sometimes hard to fix. She has beautiful blue eyes and is a true joy in my life. I feel like out of all my kids she has grown up the fastest. Where did all the time go? She is a very happy girl. She prefers Kevan over me...a real daddy's girl!! These are pictures when she was about 9 months old...what a cute, beautiful, wonderful girl!

3 comments:

Gina said...

Great post! That is so cool how independant she is!!!

She is so darling! Is that her w/ Yzzy in the prevous post? She looks EXACTLY like you, but she did when I met her at 2.5 months old!

Daisy said...

I can't wait to see Emerald again. She was always so funny and silly out here. I'm going to bring some of those pics I have of her playing in a rain puddle.

Hopefully now Cameryn won't try to bite her anymore.. haha.

Missy said...

Emeraldy also has extremely awesome little calves and belly too...can't forget that! Those pics remind me of how her little tongue always stuck out...she doesn't do that anymore does she? bummer they have to grow up.

Missy, Super mom's friend and neighbor