Friday, July 6, 2007

A prayer from Navek

I had one of "those days" yesterday. I woke up in an okay mood, but that changed quickly. I just get soooo tired of picking up messes, then I turn around and there is another mess, or the girls mess up what I just cleaned up. I hate that! I feel like my house is falling apart, and what's worse is I hate that I care so much. Why can't I just let the "clean house" image go for a while. Sometimes I will tell myself to just forget about it and play with my kids. So I will go into the girls room and start to dress them up or read books or play house or something, then 10 minutes later I will start to pick up their room. Why? Is it really THAT important. I really wish that I could just maintain my house, but I can't even do that. I am always so self-conscience when people come over or someone just drops by. I'm afraid that my house stinks or it's too messy or whatever. In reality it's not really that bad, I just think because it doesn't sparkle. Anyways back to my morning. I was upset because I just couldn't do any good work. I tried to pick up the girls room and it didn't stay clean for even 15 min. I got upset and started to yell and felt like I was totally going to loose it. Navek noticed that I was upset and asked, in a very humble way, "Mom, do you want me to say a prayer that you will feel better?" I was so touched. He wasn't being a brat about it, he was totally serious about it. I appreciated it so much. I told him to go ahead. It was such a sweet, innocent, humble prayer. What a thoughtful boy! I got everyone ready and we left for the morning...I had a whole bunch of errands to run. Among other things I had to take some books back to the library...as I was leaving I noticed some sprinklers on by the high school. I looked at Navek and asked him if he wanted to run through them. He smiled at me and say "yes!!" We parked on the side of the road and got out and got wet!! It felt so good. Something that simple. I took the girls out, and we ran through them together!! They thought it was cool. I think that I need to stop and run through sprinklers more often!! Enough about having the perfect house, I love my kids and am so grateful that they are mine here on earth. What precious people they are. Hopefully they will remember times like these and when mommy was happy rather than what my house looks like. Yippee for Navek's prayer!!

5 comments:

Gina said...

What a GREAT story! I appreciate you posting this. Children are such blessings.

Missy said...

WooHoo for Jessica, the Super Mom!!!

Next time your feeling "arghhh", come on over, bring everyone, and I'll squirt you with the hose...hehehehe...that'll be fun too!

Way to go Jessica and Navek.

Mickey Family said...

I wish I could be more that way. I am kindof a clean freak and don't spend as much time just playing with my kids as I should. TFS!

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada. If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).

Daisy said...

That sounds like fun!!! I mean the sprinkler part. It's so fun to read about the faith of a little boy!!