Monday, January 12, 2009

Something about being in your 30's

I freaked out when I turned 30! Did you? I was graduating from my 20's and I was no longer the "young one". Well, I decided, after looking at some recent pictures of myself and other people my age...mostly women, but yes I decided that being in you 30's is AWESOME. There ain't nothing wrong with it. I came across come pictures of me when I was younger...they weren't totally gross, but I was so young and little. My face looks the same, but I was so immature. I was looking at some friends on facebook (If you're not on...you should totally join) and they are all so beautiful now that they are in their 30's and then some. Our faces have so much more wisdom and experience. It's interesting. Sometimes when I look back I'm always wishing that I were as skinny as I was then, even though I would complain about what I looked like back then. I have lost so much weight since I've had Tristyn and separated from K that I actually like the way I look now. My boobs are still there but not AS big. Good for me! I still have fat (lots) on my tummy, but please I have 5 kids and 2 were twins! It's okay if there is SOME fat there. Anyway...there are so many beautiful people in this world and I am friends with so many of them..It's okay if we get older...that's the way it's supposed to be! Love you all!

7 comments:

Boo said...

I love my 30's! I finally feel like an adult, not just a kid playing house. And speaking of experience, I've finally gained a bit of confidence.
-MaryRuth

Daisy said...

I meant to comment on this earlier but I forgot. I loved how you put that and am glad that you are happier!! Go Jessica!!

TammaRamma said...

I had a hard time turning 30 as well! I wasn't sure if I wanted to stay up and celebrate my last day of being 20 or just go to bed and have an extra few hours of not knowing that I was 30. But then it happened, it was anti-climatic. I still felt the same! I was still me! Now I love being 30, (almost 33 now!)There's some extra wisdom, and I would never go back!

Our Blog said...

so true! and you are so beautiful now! for me i wasn't too upset about my age until around 38! but i wouldn't go back! i prefer what i've gained in life experience over youth!
the baptism post is Awesome! it sounds like it was a wonderful day!

Linda Horsley said...

I think it just gets better and better the older I get. And I am way older then you! You do feel more and more happy about yourself too. You look great and you always make me smile. I think you are a doll. The twin thing with the rolls of fat...I get it!

Fisher Family said...

Great post...love your hair cut. I do like the whole 30's thing now that I've gotten used to it. Can we just stay in our 30's now?!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jessica,

I totally understand what you mean about looking back and liking the thin but seeing oneself as immature. I do it too. I can also understand the fat thing lol. I have been pregnant with six children in five years! Singleton, Twins, and Triplets (two didn't make it). I feel like this tummy will never go 8) Oh well, I can live with that but I don't know what I would do without my children.

Sarah S. from HS orchestra