Monday, January 5, 2009

Navek's Baptism :-)

It was a great, wonderful day! My little, big 8 year old boy got baptised a member of the true Church of Jesus Christ..
Here are some pictures...
This is a before picture
This is right after he was finished getting dressed. The first time Kevan dunked him under his little foot popped up, so he had to re-do the prayer and the dunking. It was interesting.
Navek with Grandma and Grandpa Baird



Me and my boy!


Navek and some of his good buddies and cousins
The program was as follows:
Opening song "Nephi's Courage"
Opening Prayer: Keith Baird (uncle)
Musical number: "If the Savior Stood Beside Me"
by:Jessica Barid and Lindsey Eugster (aunt)
Talk on Baptism: Liz Tross (grandma or Oma)
Baptism
Talk on Holy Ghost: Missy Counter (close friend)
Holy Ghost
Bishop talk
Closing Song "I Hope They Call Me on a Mission"
Closing prayer: Karl Baird (grandpa)
It was a wonderful occasion. It was fun to see Navek so cute and so happy, and it was awesome to have all the family together!

7 comments:

May said...

Oh congratulations Navek! What a special day for you and your mama!

Daisy said...

I love those pictures and I'm so glad that the day went so well. I'm so sorry I couldn't be there again. It looks like it was a really great day!!

KiraD said...

Jessica so sorry we didn't make it. Between the flu and ear infections we have had one sick little boy. Glad things went well! Hope you are enjoying time with your mom!

Bry and Rach said...

I am so sad that we missed it! We did end up going to San Diego, in fact, I am still here :) Congrats Navek! What a great choice you have made!

Anissa said...

I am so happy for Navek. I love the picture of you and Navek. You look so beautiful.

Linda Horsley said...

I am sorry I didn't make it! You are an amazing mother! Thanks for checking on me. You are a good friend!

Heidi said...

Wow! Your son was baptized! That must feel great, really special. I still remember my baptism and how I felt when I was under the water. Navek will remember that day forever. I'm sorry I couldn't make it, but I enjoyed seeing you over Christmas.