Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas!!

Christmas is the greatest time of year! I love it so much. The feelings of love and peace that I feel don't compare to any other time of year. I love celebrating our Saviors birth.
I had a hard time getting into the mood this year with everything that's going on in my life. The thing that helped me the most was singing in church. The songs that we sang this year were so wonderful. The words and the music fill my heart with love. That may sound so cheesy, but seriously...these songs were amazing.
Kevan had the kids Christmas Eve and most of Christmas day. I thought that I was going to be all sad and lonely, but I totally wasn't. I got a bunch of stuff done Christmas Eve and the was just going to wrap presents and get things ready for the next day. I was in the living room just watching tv and someone knocked on the door and started singing "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" so I ran over and opened up the door and stared at the ladies trying to figure out who they were and I had no clue! Then I looked down and my front step was filled with presents! I freaked out! They helped me bring everything inside and I gave them hugs as they left and thanked them over and over again. I was crying so hard when I was hugging them because I was so grateful that someone would think of me that way. This one lady said that I was so loved by so many people. Oh my gosh. What a wonderful feeling! I couldn't believe it! I cried for a while after they left..then I called up my mom and dad to tell them what happened. They were happy for me. I think that I cried on and off for the rest of the night. Man...sometimes I just can't get over it....
Then Christmas Day I woke up and took a shower and fixed my hair and did some stuff around the house. It was snowing Christmas Eve and more on Christmas day. So the roads were crappy. But I decided that I wanted to go see a movie...so I did...I feel so free when I am by myself rather than lonely, I think that Heavenly Father helps me with that...but anyway. I went and saw the new Brad Pitt movie "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" it was pretty good. It reminded me a little bit of Foresst Gump. I liked the music in it to, and I thought it was so cool how they made him look as he went from an old man to a young guy. I could never really get tired of Brad Pitt anyway...dude is gorgeous! *sigh*
Christmas dinner is the same as Thanksgiving....it takes forever to cook everything then you eat for a whole 15 minutes and then you have to clean everything up. Uhg. So for the last 2 years I have made a huge lasagna. It's so yummy. Any way the kids came home later and we opened up a bunch of presents. It was really fun. The secret Santa person got us all new comforters and sheets. They were all perfect. I would have never picked out what I got...but I absolutely love it! I managed to get Navek what her really wanted...a Nintendo DS and a lego Star Wars game. Then the least expensive present that I got Belle was her favorite...I knew it would be too. It was a 24 pack of twistable crayola crayons and a bunch of pens and pencils and a couple of note books. As soon as she opened them all she did for the rest of the evening was color. We ended up opening up some of her presents for her. I got Emerald a bunch of clothes...she loves clothes. And I also got her some domestic things. I got Tristyn a manly truck...he really needed a boy toy, but still would rather play dress up with Emerald...ahhh well I tried.
It was a wonderful day! It makes me want to live my life better. To be the best person I can be so that maybe one day I can help someone feel the love that I felt on Christmas Eve!

3 comments:

Our Blog said...

Jessica,
what a wonderful experience! that is so awesome! i am so glad that happened to you and your sweet family! something similar happened to me/us when Russ was deployed and i also couldn't stop crying! it was incredible and did me sooo much good also. it was cool that it was anonymous too. to this day i look at Everyone differently...what if they were the ones who helped get me through Chrismtas? :)
i loved catching up on your blog. (sigh) you're kinda just awesome girl.

Linda Horsley said...

Wow! Jessica that is an awesome story! I am so happy for you. No one deserves it more then you! Love you tons!

Daisy said...

Hahaha.. oh Tristyn!! Luke loves to play with Princesses too and wear the "clacky" shoes. Though with him the Princesses are either pooping or fighting so I guess it evens out. I'm so glad that your Christmas went well too. I'm hoping to go see the Brad Pitt movie too so I can hear him say "Daisy"... I wonder if I'll get chills!!! Just kidding.