Monday, October 27, 2008

I couldn't smell!

Have you ever had a cold that was so bad that you lost your sense of smell?? And we all know that if you loose your sense of smell then you can't taste your food. Ahhhh! I made broiled pork chops yesterday with yummy mashed potato's and i think it tasted good, but I couldn't tell cause I couldn't taste it! It was so annoying! My nose is all stuffy

So later that night I put Tristyn to bed and he seemed to go down easy as usual. Well around 2 o'clock in the morning, I could hear him moaning in his bed. That is totally unusual for him. He always sleeps through the night...even when he is sick! Anyway...something told me to go check on him...so I did. I picked him up and he was really restless...he couldn't position himself to what was comfy for him....So after a while I got this brilliant idea to smell his diaper and sure enough...it was poopy! How horrible for the little guy! My darn nose.... So I laid him in his bed and ran upstairs to get a diaper and wipes and changed him really quick. His poor little bottom was all red and sore! Ouch! I must have put him to be WITH a poopy diaper...too good! I rubbed a bunch of Vaseline on his little bum and he calmed down really quick. I rocked him back to sleep and he was perfect for the rest of the night! I felt so bad though...poor little guy.

1 comment:

Daisy said...

Awww that sucks for poor Tristyn. I've gone in Luke's room before at night and smelled poop. Hope his bottom is better now.