Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Walking

Tristyn thought that it would be cool to start walking. He is so funny when he does it though. He will be crawling, then he will stand up and slowly start to walk til he feels like he is going to fall then take as many steps as he can till he actually does fall. He keeps his balance with his little hands and arms, it is so cute to watch. He is so short, but to him...I'm sure that he feels so much taller standing then crawling! He is 10 months old today. Too early to start walking in my opinion, but he just wants to keep up with older brother and sisters! What a joy to have in my life. I call him my "little man" it's kinda my nickname for him

The other day I was hurrying up Navek to get ready for school. I said something like "Hurry Navek, it's almost a quarter after!" He thought about that for a second and said "Mom, will it ever be a penny after?" What a smart little brain! I did my best to explain what a quarter after means but I think that's over his head right now!!

4 comments:

Gina said...

That is so great Tristyn is walking so early! What a cute thing to witness. I loved that stage!

Navek is so smart! I am sure he'll catch on pretty soon and the penny after bit, you should totally start doing it... It's 15 pennies past!

Daisy said...

That is what Luke would do when he was learning to walk. He would stand up and imediately start trying to take as many steps as possible. I'm like slow it down buddy. He still tries to go too fast but he still just laughs it off when he falls.

I call Luke my "little man" to. He's looked like a little man since he was a tiny baby and we've called him that since then.

Linda Horsley said...

Jessica,

I love your blog. You are such an inspiration to me. I really admire you. I want you to know that our family thinks of you often and we are always here for you. You are so beautiful and strong. I would say that is a great combination. By the way my kids loved having you as their teacher on Sunday. Thanks for giving them such a great lesson. They talked all about it over dinner. I will keep checking your blog to see what is new. Take Care.

Linda

rachel mccracken said...

that is so great! Kids are so smart! And I can't believe that Tristyn is walking! We haven't even been to see him yet!!! We are terrible!